Monday, August 07, 2006

I thought I would shack the hive a bit



C-SPAN aired this conference in LA. It is about the 911 Conspiracy. I call it a conspiracy because there is a relatively small group of people that believe 911 was a self-inflicted wound. But there is a very large group that thinks the 911-commition report has left some things out. They think there is something going on. I number myself with the latter group.
I will give you 2 clips. The first one is Prof. Jones of BYU speaking on his experience with the theory that the WTC was a demolition.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F5kBkOX-qgg

The second clip is of an author that brings up some interesting points.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FxxpqsOP3SI


By the way I hate how the host sounds. He sounds like the radio political voices I hate. I think the BYU prof. has the strongest argument.

5 comments:

marshall p said...

there was an article in "the daily universe" a while back about the BYU prof. and his theory. I thought it was really interesting that NOBODY talked about it. at this school, in this political climate, all the kids in my classes were like, "what? what article?"

around the same time I read an article in Popular Mechanics refuting some of the conspiracy theory arguments, from an "engineering" stance (but also the subtext was that the magazine's editorial bias was very politically conservative, red state jargon.) so they were essentially saying, if you question the offical story, you must be some kind of anti-American idiot.

weird. I think it's an interesting question. I also think this 9-11 movie that's coming out is really strange. the timing is just too perfect. it seems like the country is starting to question Bush's political decisions and America's involvement in this war. we're all pissed off that gas prices are so high and oil companies are making astronomical profits. then, suddenly there's a movie with all these big stars out to reopen the 9-11 wound and bring up all the emotional/sentimental reasons for the war? what's really going on here?

p.s. have you seen "wag the dog"? I think you would like it.

Cache said...

"wag the dog" is great! and I'm glad Marsha mentioned the Popular Mechanics counter-arguement, which has been waved all over Fox News. Wikipedia I think has the best collection of arguements and its worth reading because, well how funny is it to imagine all the wikipedia nerds fighting over the content of the article tooth-and-nail? also I don't think the 9/11 wound is being reopened. It seems like that wound has been perpetually stretched wider since it happend in 2002

Cache said...

also, do you remember how wag the dog came out during the kosovo/lewinski episode of the clinton era, and how people thought the timing was no coincidence? I remember my 12 year old brain latched onto that one hard.

Giandrea said...

Thanks guys, i was hoping to get some info on a good rebuttle. marsha you are not the first one to recomend that movie to me. i think i need to see it.

Cache said...

how was the electric car movie?