Monday, April 24, 2006

How will you remember Bill Clinton?

I will remember him for his intimate relationship with Monika. The cigars and the lies will be foremost in my mind. But I wonder, he must have done something else. He was in office for eight years. Will none of his policy decisions be remembered? What was he like as a president. Was he weak because he didn't preempt 9/11?
My second reaction to the question of "what do I remember about Bill Clinton?", is I remember Pres. Clinton being an engaging speaker. I also remember, he was a self made man. He came up from a lower class home.
Why am I wondering this, You might ask? Well I just heard him speak at an awards dinner. Bill Clinton speaks at the Louis E. Martin Great American Award His speech is basically about regular people doing good. He feels that one of the powers of Democracy is the freedom it allows people to organize and problem solve. He puts responsibility in our hands. Because of technology we can see a problem and do something about it. A huge percentage of donations for Katrina were donated through the internet.
The point is we can have problems with the Bush administration. We could have had problems with the Clinton administration, but we have the power to do good. We can do something. I don't mean this to sound us verses them, Red verses blue. I think we can agree on a problem and work together to fix it. Because we have this power we should demand of our self to be involved.

3 comments:

emily said...

hey, i posted a comment here yesterday! where is it? damn. is it lost in the information superhighway? is it because i failed to read the squiggly word correctly?

Cache said...

hey gian, i wish i could have come last night... sheesh. i hope you had a great birthday. summer is near

Cache said...

hey gian, i thought this would interest you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgpuSo-GSfw