Sunday, February 22, 2009

Haruki Murakami's "The Seventh Man"




I think sharing what you like with others can be a powerful way of expressing yourself. I think what the person sharing, hopes for, is that the sharer and the sharee can experience something together. It is more than just having something in common. It is experiencing similar thoughts and emotions as someone else. It is having an experience together. This might be where the true value of art lies. As my i-pod gives me experiences I wish there was someone else that was hearing the same thing I was hearing.

I must admit that I thought this was the "spirited away" guy. I was surprised because I don't really love Miyazaki movies. But I really loved this story. It makes sense that the stories have different sources. The first part of this link is the story i would like to highlight. The Seventh Man as read by John Shea. http://huffduffer.com/Clampants/2575

1 comment:

Giandrea said...

you were right, honey, i did like this story only i really miss kay.