Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Here is something right up my ally


Jared, knowing my politicalness and interest in the difference between "The Right" and "The Left", sent me this image in an email. I wonder if it is an accurate portrayal of the two sides. Keeping in mind that this is speaking in generalities, I would be interested in peoples opinion about this diagram.
I wonder if it reads differently to both sides. My first reaction was that it was accurate. I kept thinking "Do conservatives think the world is basically hostile? I think the world is basically good". I think this image brings up some interesting points. Thanks Jared!

You can read about the artist and get a better look here. http://thediagram.com/5_1/mers.html

4 comments:

Veeda said...

this is awesome.

riggity said...

I think it is a very accurate depiction of how the left views the right, but probably not a perfectly accurate depiction of how the right views itself, or of what the right truly is.

I'd love to see one of these drawn up by a conservative instead. too bad conservatives don't draw.

Joshua said...

I agree with riggity....
further i think its also a bit misleading - all the conotations on the side of the diagram lean negative while those on the left lean positive - do i want my child to be find deviance in pollution and/or greed ... or in homosexuality and unwanted pregnancy... are they exclusive - can i be strict or and a nuturant? plus i cant figure out what some of the figures are supposed to be - the circle with the three bars in it on the bottom with the all seeing eye on the top...

Micah said...

Gian, even though this is not the right time or spot, I need to mention that I quite like "Balls to the Walls." It pretty much rocks my socks off.